I just love when the summer Olympics begin! How many times in your life do you get excited about fencing or rowing? I do during these two weeks! The only problem with the Olympics is the late nights. To watch the popular events, you need to stay up until midnight or later. It's only for two weeks, and it has been well worth it (especially that swimming relay)!
My enthusiasm has spilled over to Ryan and Katie. Ryan's favorite athlete, of course, is Michael Phelps. He has become a huge Phelps Phan. The day I took these pictures, he insisted on wearing his wetsuit so he could look more like the Olympians wearing their swim suits. He always wants to know if Michael's swimming or if he got another gold medal. He also likes watching the beach volleyball. Katie, on the other hand, is enthralled with gymnastics. If fact, on the first night of gymnastics, she danced around the living room for close to an hour. She kept telling us that she couldn't do those "twirlie thingies" yet, but will do them when she gets bigger. I guess that means gymnastics classes. If Natalie could invent an Olympic event it would be table climbing. It's amazing how fast she can climb up and cross the dining room table. She would most definately win a gold medal for that!
I can't wait for the track and field events to begin tomorrow and to see if Phelps can pull of a clean sweep of gold medals!
1 comment:
Ok - I know this will date me, but remember the 1984 Olympics in LA? That started my love of watching the summer olympics. I LOVED watching the gymnastics back then, women's and men's. And of course..volleyball. Glad to see that the kids are into it too!
Post a Comment